1.02.2016

Learning how to meditate

I've been wanting to find a way to quiet my mind for some time now. One of my plans for 2016 is to find time everyday to sit in silence. I can pray, I can meditate, I can focus on a word. Whatever I do, I am going to find some time each day to sit in silence (or guided meditation)

I downloaded an app called Insight Timer and I love it! You can do your own meditation and set up for a bell to chime as you begin and as you end (that way you are not constantly wondering how long it's been, and you can come out of a deep meditation gradually if need be.) It also tells you when you are finished how many other users are meditating at the same time as you and where they are around the world. It's pretty cool! 

Before my meditation, I did my workout. It was a cardio workout and it felt awesome. I am still on my endorphin high :) I am really excited to start a new schedule on Monday. I am doing it alongside a bunch of my friends and it feels great to have a workout plan for the next 60 days. 

That's it. Not such an exciting post, I know. But I really miss blogging regularly, so I have told myself to write anytime I think about it, even if it is a boring post ;)

No comments: