1.03.2016

Sunday Morning Thoughts

I got up to my alarm this morning. Woohoo! This is one of my biggest goals this month. I have developed a habit of laying in bed after my alarm goes off, which means I inevitably fall back asleep most of the time. I also have developed a habit of moving really slowly once I am up. So if I am up at 5am, it is often 5:45 before I actually start my workout. Between the time I get out of bed and the time I press play for my workout, I only have a few things to do- go to the bathroom, drink some water, brush me teeth, get dressed. That is really it. On a good day this takes me 20 minutes. My goals is to have it done in 10 minutes by the end of the month. 

After I got out of bed this morning, I went downstairs and turned on my Insight Timer app. I did a 1 minute meditation on "60 moments" and then another 3 minute mindfulness exercise meditation. This was difficult because I was uncomfortable sitting on the floor with no cushion (I am going to start sitting on a pillow until I can find a nice sitting cushion for myself) and my dog kept coming up to me when my eyes were closed and touching my nose with her nose. Apparently she wanted some attention, or to go outside ;)  After my meditations, I found a guided yoga routine to listen to on the same app. This was great, because I have often found it difficult to do yoga to a video- I have to crane my neck or look up from a downward position to see what the next move is. And I don't like to turn the volume up too loud because my kids are asleep- this routine allowed me to do it from my phone in my pocket with my headphones in :)

Once I finished that, I got online to do some research. I have been wanting to study buddhism and see how to go about creating more discipline in my daily life. It is really interesting to me, and I was able to bookmark a few educational sites and resources to read later this afternoon. After that, I logged onto Facebook and checked in with my challengers in my online accountability group. 

As I sit here drinking my coffee and listening to my kids play, I have been thinking a lot about how to bring more discipline, consistency, and compassion into my life. I made a comment in to my coaching team about how I was already planning on being at a certain webinar next month- one that I would need to "earn" by successfully helping 3 new people change their lives with a new health and fitness program during the month on January. I didn't say that I would try to meet my goal, or that I was working towards my goal. I said that I would be there. Period. End of sentence. 


Yoda popped into my mind at that point. This is one of my favorite lines in a movie because it means so much to me. It's like this- imagine you are sitting in a chair at a table. There is a pencil on the table. You are instructed to try to pick the pencil up. So, you pick the pencil up. Did you *try* to pick the pencil up? No, you just picked it up. There is no try- only do or do not. It's that simple. 




I am really thankful for this shift in my mindset. I am ready for it to help me attract positive energy and do some amazing things in my life. 

Today has started off on the right foot for sure. I was disciplined enough to hop out of bed right away, and I got my "quiet mind" time in first thing this morning as well. 

Tomorrow I start a new fitness program, The Master's Hammer and Chisel. I really need to practice discipline and get out of bed on time every morning, just like I did today. Later today, I will finish my meal plan for the week and post it here when it is complete. Here's to a great week ahead of me! 

No comments: